Monday, October 26, 2009

God's timing

This past week, I was blessed to see God at work.

Earlier in the week I was listening to Casting Crown, Voice of Truth, and instantly I thought of someone that need to hear it, So I sent a message on FB with the Youtube video to this person. Their reply was ~ That song is the very song that God spoke to me through to prompt the leap of faith that our family has all taken part in now. God is still working through that song. It's truly inspiring. ~


Which is an encouragement to me, because God used me to encourage him! What is awesome to me is that I acted.. because I was raised up in church, but was taught that God does NOT work though us today, things are just a coincident, God does not interfere in our lives.. BUT THERE are TO many things that have happened, for me to believe that.. I believe that God can use me to help someone else.. to encourage a Brother or Sister, actually God can do what ever He wants to do!

Tonight, I got to use the Bible to show to my 17 yr old daughter~ who is questioning her beliefs because of friends at school are into wicca~ why I believe and how I believe.. Most of the time she would gripe and say I was pushing religion on her.. but tonight she told me a friend of hers has been living in his car.. OK, do NOT tell me any child is sleeping in a car or barn not going to happen as long as I have a roof over my head.. Well, I had just gotten to Matthew 25 in my Bible reading tonight, (talk about Great Timing) SO
I told her to tell him, he could stay with us.. and read to her ~
"Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry, and ye gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink; I was a stranger, and ye took me in;
naked, and ye clothed me; I was sick, and ye visited me; I was in prison, and ye came unto me. Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or athirst, and gave thee drink? And when saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? And when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it unto one of these my brethren, even these least, ye did it unto me." ~ Matthew 25:34-40

and explained how I have tried to raise them with Christian beliefs (true Christ-like, not hypocritical), and we had a really good talk and she listened.. THEN I thanked God for giving me moments to where I can reach out to her without her immediately shutting me out..
I am praying now for what I would call a MAJOR blessing from our Heavenly Father.. A new job opportunity for Kevin and opportunity for us to move out of this area.. actually to another state.. Praying for God to go before us, open doors, find home and place of worship..


I am also praying for her friend, he has a lot on his shoulders for 19yrs, but tonight he was feed, and inside out of the cold.. I don't have much, but whatever I can do... I will do, and I am so thankful, Like I told Sami, I want God to be able to look down at me and say, "That's my Girl, I knew she wouldn't let me down."


Well, I am going to crawl into bed. I hope you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you welcomed him and fed him. What a true example of Christ's love.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete