Monday, September 26, 2011

Surgery

So much has happened since my last post and to be quite honest Aug 30th was probably my last normal day..

I hesitate to write this because well it is gross.. but I SO wish I had figured things out before it got out of hand.. PRIDE comes before the fall... SO TRUE!!!..

I was late this past month with my Issue and had hoped to be pregnant..but test came back negative :( Then I started, so I thought possibly a miscarriage.. I had one 5 yrs ago the end of August..my period was a little heaver than normal but I contributed that to the possible miscarriage.. BOY was I wrong!!!!! It developed into a very heavy menstrual period and after 2 weeks and no signs of stopping.. I was getting weak..but MY pride kept me from going to the hospital...

OK, this is for me and anyone else that might be stubborn.. If you are having to change pads every hour on the hour.. GO TO THE HOSPITAL!!!! PLEASE!!...

When I had almost reached the 3rd week of this issue, I was physically weak.. I came close to passing out 3 times. When my dear husband (after much concern and FUSSING) took me to the hospital, I had to be admitted. I had lost 1/3 the volume of blood, talk about being anemic!! But I found out I had a fibroid tumors that were causing the bleeding..the doctor put me on Prometrium, hormone pill... and I haven't take to well to it.. started with bad headache.. for 2 days. Then, I called the pharmacy to see what I could take for a headache. He said since the bleeding had stopped it might be possible to stop taking the pill.. and then said the headache could be cause from High Blood Pressure which the hormone may cause, but after checking my blood pressure it was normal so I stopped taking the pill for 1 day and the bleeding started right back..I of course took the pill very quickly! Thankfully, the headache went away but when I took the pill during the day it did cause the drowsiness, in fact, even taking it at night I feel almost drugged, very light headed.. and MOOD SWINGS!! I have cried like a baby for almost no reason..I have spent most of this month in the bed.. either from Dr orders to take it easy, to being to weak to sit up or even walk around the house..

NOW, the good part..well, if you read the last post this will make so much sense to you. When I talked to the Dr about the fibroid and what my choices were, I told him that my husband and I had hoped to have a baby.. He explained that after removing the fibroids, there is a greater chance of us having a baby.. well more than I have now or would have.. of course, there is a lot more details that isn't in this post..  but I must tell you.. during my morning walks and talks with the Lord, I am always praying about a baby.. in fact, when I pray I feel like the widow in Luke


Luk 18:1-8 ~"Jesus told his disciples a parable about their need to pray all the time and never give up. He said, "In a city there was a judge who didn't fear God or respect people. In that city there was also a widow who kept coming to him and saying, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.' For a while the judge refused. But later he told himself, 'I don't fear God or respect people, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will grant her justice. Otherwise, she will keep coming and wear me out.'" Then the Lord added, "Listen to what the unrighteous judge says. Won't God grant his chosen people justice when they cry out to him day and night? Is he slow to help them? I tell you, he will give them justice quickly. But when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?"

Well, I don't know what is going to happen.. I just keep praying.. I pray the Lord will get me though this, I pray he will heal my body and give me the strength, mental and physical strength ! I also pray that he will give my husband and Daughter strength!! to deal with me and my loopy crying spells.. There is a possiblilty that I may have to have a hysterectomy, I have thought about this and well, as I had previously posted.. God is our Father, he knows what is best for us and I will continue to praise him regardless of what might happen this week! I will praise him and love him in all life's storms..

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a blessed day..

No comments:

Post a Comment