Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Children

Well, my 18 yr old daughter got married this past week at the courthouse in Alabama. She told me via Facebook, then told my parents and her paternal grandparents. We are not on the best of terms right now.. well, she is mad at me right now and has been for almost a year, (cause I didn't let her do things her way). Anyway, I didn't have time to make plans to drive to Alabama for the wedding.

My point in telling this is, today my cousin and I were outside watching it rain (first good drizzle since I moved here in January) and talking about our children and how they can ignore us and hurt our feelings... I was telling him, everyone keeps telling me I will be a grandmother soon, and while it hurts me because my wish for my daughter was not to make my mistakes.. get married at 20, drop out of college, then after 18yrs of marriage end in divorce and I had nothing to fall back on... I am thinking more of the when she does have children will she allow me to be apart of their lives... and I told him as much as it hurts me right now... I keep thinking of how much my relationship is with her has also been the same as my relationship with my Father... the Heavenly ONE!

How many times have I gone my own way, not forgetting about him but taking him for granted, until the moment I need him. My Daughter may have turn her back on me, but I have to follow the example of my Heavenly Father and be waiting with open arms for the moment when she does come to me. I think of all the human responses, "Well, she hasn't talked to me in a year, why should I help her now?" ~ "You made your bed, now lie in it" (I was told that one in response to my own divorce)

I started praying in April, that if he was not the man God wanted for her that they would break up. Begged God to open her heart and mind.. (side note.. she doesn't want to believe in God). All I can do now is continue to pray, My own life has been in a tailspin, I want more than that for my daughter!

And speaking of my Heavenly Father, I cant believe that we have moved over 1200 miles for no reason. I know he has something in store for us,
"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for." Jer 29:11 GNB
I know it rains on the just and the unjust, but I also know that
"And I will test the third that survives and will purify them as silver is purified by fire. I will test them as gold is tested. Then they will pray to me, and I will answer them. I will tell them that they are my people, and they will confess that I am their God." Zec 13:9 GNB
with these things in mind, I try to remember to give thanks for the blessing, Great and Small. I may be living with my cousin, but I have a roof over my head. Sometimes, small petty things hurt feelings, especially when your in a house with 2 women 1 kitchen LOL... the old saying WWJD ~What would Jesus Do??~ keeps popping in my head and I ask God to help me get thru this time?
I am reminded of a video I saw long time ago. I think of it especially when times get rough. So blessed to know God is carrying me! I notice date that I had shared this video on FB was Nov 3, 09 just after I started this blog and life started going downhill a different direction!
We are headed to Albuquerque, for the next 3 days, one advantage of my husbands new job, if they need him in Albuquerque I can go with him. Just got to pay for what I eat :D hehe

Until later,

No comments:

Post a Comment