Friday, July 22, 2011

Moments

Today we went on a picnic! It was drizzling up in the mountains, and I was feeling a bit homesick for Alabama. I just wanted to feel the rain..as luck would have it, the drops quit dropping when we finally got up the mountain.

After driving 12 miles off the beaten path, we were greeted with this view. They don't make hills like this back home, even thought Alabama is beautiful... This was breathtaking!

We chose this area because I wanted to see the waterfall... I was hoping for a little bit more but considering its pretty dry here, thankful I got to see what I did..


The View was worth the drive!!

Sarah and D.J enjoy the bridge


My imagination could get carried away, making up stories with this tree for inspiration!


so peaceful


My Daughter coming down the trail.

Now confession time... When we first got there and saw the side of the hill... Well, I am really one to burst into singing.... and the song from Sound of Music was going thru my mind...BUT when I actually got alone up there on the trail... "How Great Thou Art" is what I sang....



O Lord my God,
When I in awesome wonder
Consider all
The works Thy Hand hath made,
I see the stars,
I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow'r throughout
The universe displayed;
~~~҉~~~
When through the woods
And forest glades I wander
I hear the birds
Sing sweetly in the trees;
When I look down
From lofty mountain grandeur
And hear the brook
And feel the gentle breeze;
~~~҉~~~
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art!
How great Thou art!

I did take a moment to walk down the path and just enjoy being in the woods and well, I also had to tell God thank you, for such a beautiful day... Alone time in the woods for me, usually always ends up with me talking to God, just seems natural.

Have a blessed day.. and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment